Top 10 B2B Ecommerce Website Examples
People are calling B2B ecommerce websites the next frontier of ecommerce and they’re not wrong! Experts estimate the value of the global B2B ecommerce market at US$12.2 trillion. That’s over six times the value of the B2C market. So go through this article and read the top 10 B2B websites which I explain in this article.
Table of Contents
- What is B2B Ecommerce?
- Why is B2B Ecommerce Important?
- B2B Ecommerce Website Best Practices
- 10 B2B Ecommerce Website Examples
What is B2B Ecommerce?
In short, B2B ecommerce is the sales of goods or services between businesses through an online sales portal. Generally, it is used to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of a company’s sales efforts.
Why is B2B Ecommerce Important?
We have all seen a massive scale to online shopping over the past few years, and even so more as a result of the covid-19 pandemic.
Key Statistics of Ecommerce Market
- The global market for B2B ecommerce will grow by more than 70% by 2027 to $20.9 trillion, according to a new study by logistics company DHL Express.
- According to the 2021 B2B Ecommerce Market Report, sales on B2B ecommerce sites grew by 10% in 2021 to $1.39 trillion, up from $1.26 trillion in 2019
- The global Business-to-Business ecommerce market size was valued at USD 6.64 trillion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.7% from 2021 to 2028.
- Many businesses are also looking at AI to gain a competitive advantage through chatbots and search marketing. Augmented reality (AR) is also becoming part of the picture. By 2022, it’s expected that 25% of enterprises will launch AR and another 70% will experiment with it.
Recent changes in B2B buying behavior have forced businesses to develop and invest in long-term digital ecommerce strategies. Some of the key B2B consumer trends we’re seeing today include:
- Mobile e-commerce is on the rise.
- B2B marketplaces continue to grow.
- Online marketing is here to stay and consumers are opting for digital self-service.
- Consumers are looking for convenience in their ecommerce experience — fast and free delivery.
B2B Ecommerce Website Best Practices
- Keep your website clean, simple, and easy to navigate.
- Give your customers the ability to customize products on their own.
- Make it easy for customers to create and manage product orders or re-order.
- Make sure your website is loading fast.
- Take advantage of website content.
- Make sure your website provides a clear company vision and consistent brand messaging.
10 B2B Ecommerce Website Examples
Firerock is a manufacturer of prefabricated masonry fireplaces, indoor and outdoor fireplace kits, fireplace systems, fire pits, and more. This B2B ecommerce website is very light and simple. It combines business with happiness.
Kekselias is a financial services company specializing in re-investment research, interest rate market, and monetary policy analysis.
This company creates additional value for its website through the article section. It’s a blog-like approach that transforms this B2B e-commerce website into a source of content and references. Consumers can easily find content on assets and investment trends.
3. Blake Envelopes
The Blake Envelope B2B website is considered one of the most innovative and accurate B2B ecommerce examples.
Blake is a very clean and neatly designed B2B ecommerce website with excellent functionality, intuitive design, and amazing benefits to represent education and corporate responsibility programs.
Amazon.com is a great B2B and B2C ecommerce platform that, in part, has every product you think of. Amazon main functions perform well:
- Saved shopping carts
- Useful filters to better sort products.
- Customer chat
- East Return
Magnetica.com is an Australian-based manufacturer of MRI systems and technologies that was founded in 2005.
This b2b ecommerce website stands out as their clean, easy to read, and has a fantastic color tone for its home page.
Major takeaways Magnetica performs well:
- Cohesive Color Scheme
- Easy to use homepage and product categorization
- Easily contact us option
Rollpark is an eco-friendly, parking level that rapidly converts vacant space into temporary or semi-permanent parking.
The main takeaway rollpark performs well:
- Product video in action
- CTA Linked case studies
- Quote option
- Installation timelines and outlines
Bio-Techne.com is a website that develops, manufactures, and sells life science reagents, diagnostic and bioprocessing markets.
The key points of Bio-Techne are:
- Live conversation
- Services and products are described as easy to digest.
- Visually pleasing colors and graphics.
- The header is easy to use.
Chinese-based Alibaba is one of the best examples of ecommerce. The B2B ecommerce company was started in 1999, and now owns the world’s largest global ecommerce website. It is currently considered the largest global ecommerce platform for small businesses worldwide.
Major takeaways Alibaba performs well:
- Provides support for many different languages
- Easy to use the product catalog
- Ranked product highlighted
- Offer bundles
Quill is specifically designed for B2B ecommerce websites. The company’s website is great for its simple, user-friendly interface and rich selection of education and office supplies.
One of the major benefits of using a B2B ecommerce website is that it offers regular rewards such as customer benefit coupons, special deals, etc. The benefits include a balanced marketing package with logo design, search engine optimization, and social coupon services.
Snapdeal.com is another B2B ecommerce marketplace that has surpassed primarily the electronic catalog, which was launched in 2010.
Snapdeal key takeaways work well:
- Improved filters
- Easy to use interface
- Order tracking app
Take a look at the websites mentioned above that are considered a buyer’s journey. By keeping things accessible, convenient, and affordable, you eliminate any barriers that may prevent buyers from using your platform and services. What stands out is the way your company and your products are presented. San Diego Web Developer will help you provide custom applications for better web design and development, B2B ecommerce websites.